Monday, January 31, 2011

Darling

So the final semester has started and I am arting it hard. I am also making sure I am not doing this blindly and I have my resume together as well as working deligently on a portfolio site for all my art. It feels good to have a grasp on where I want to go with both my career and art and I really got to thank Barbara for helping me focus my usually unfocused self. Anyways, the arting:

More demons from the Ars Goetia, specifically Decarabia and Seere.


Here's their info as well:
The Seventieth Spirit is Seere, Sear, or Seir. He is a Mighty Prince, and Powerful, under AMAYMON, King of the East. He appeareth in the Form of a Beautiful Man, riding upon a Winged Horse. His Office is to go and come; and to bring abundance of things to pass on a sudden, and to carry or recarry anything whither thou wouldest have it to go, or whence thou wouldest have it from. He can pass over the whole Earth in the twinkling of an Eye. He giveth a True relation of all sorts of Theft, and of Treasure hid, and of many other things. He is of an indifferent Good Nature, and is willing to do anything which the Exorcist desireth. He governeth 26 Legions of Spirits. And this his Seal is to be worn, etc.

The Sixty-ninth Spirit is Decarabia. He appeareth in the Form of a Star in a Pentacle, at first; but after, at the command of the Exorcist, he putteth on the image of a Man. His Office is to discover the Virtues of Birds and Precious Stones, and to make the Similitude of all kinds of Birds to fly before the Exorcist, singing and drinking as natural Birds do. He governeth 30 Legions of Spirits, being himself a Great Marquis. And this is his Seal, which is to be worn, etc.

And I forgot to upload this last month but I've been doing some collab work with my friend Joe, whose working on some writings he wants me to illustrate. Granted it's in the very early stages here is some of the preliminary sketches.

Should be a good one.

More doodles tomorrow!

No comments: