Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween post whoo!

I have this tradition that every Halloween I listen to the Cure's album Denigration. So I'll cut to the usual music link right away:

A good song, still a bit cheesy but it's got that potent power of nostalgia for me.

Anyways, here's some recent art as well:

This Illustration was on the subject of identity and that can be a little rough for me. I know myself well but when I present myself to others, it can get a bit depressing when I explain. Basically I wanted to capture my fixation on mortality, self worth and just constant recurrence of being trapped in the past by throwing in a lot of personal symbols from my life. I don't know how I feel about the poorly rendered smog but I feel it was successful otherwise. This was done in goauche on a 16" by 20" board and the title is from a Man Man song called Doo-little.


And a recent intaglio plate, 9" by 12", about a strange dream I had a few weeks ago about this weird, shrouded druid like figure. This one doesn't need as much explanation but I feel like continuing this idea for my next series of plates.

Whoo, two post for October. Next month, three, and all with better art and music, FOR REALZIES!

No comments: