Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Y is for Yali

My Alphabeasts for this week: Yali

Going back to the mythological monsters of Hinduism this week with the Yali. They're one of the those interesting miss match creatures that seemed to be made up of a million parts. The body of a lion, the nose of an elephant, the stance of a human and a head that's part dog and part reptile. I did my best to work this all in but I don't know if I enjoy the finished results as much as other creatures I've rendered, still better than having nothing for this week. Don't worry, Z is already done and pretty fantastic. Maybe I should start getting around to finishing A through L.

Also here's a few more of those Game of Throne quick sketches:



and hey, it's been a while since I posted any music! Here is that:

Daniel Rossen's new EP is just so full of beauty and amazing song construction it's going to ruin the next few songs I listen to that are not this.

No comments: